Should Nintendo be more transparent about their plans for SNES, N64, GameCube, etc.

Hier könnt ihr über Nintendos neue Konsole diskutieren.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, Redakteure

Gesperrt
PetterJhon
User ist gesperrt.
Persönliche Nachricht:

Should Nintendo be more transparent about their plans for SNES, N64, GameCube, etc.

Beitrag von PetterJhon »

I suppose it's a bit of a rhetorical question, but at this point after almost 2 years of the Switch being on the market, we still have absolutely no idea what's happening in terms of these consoles coming officially on the Switch.

Everyone keeps asking: "What are they thinking? Do they not want our money?"

Is it fair to agree that at this point after so long of absolutely no news or announcements on these subjects, we should at least have an idea what they're doing, or if they're even doing anything at all? It's the prime console for retro gaming and Nintendo is being completely opaque.

The obvious reason is they want to draw out NES (and SNES most likely) games for a long time to make the most income out of it, but what are your thoughts and how do you feel?

Do you think we deserve should know by now at least whether or not some of these consoles will ever even come to the Switch officially after 2 years of it being on the market? Or are you okay with waiting still for more information?

EDIT: Due to popular demand I have removed the word "deserve" since some people took that word wayy too critically. Wrote this off the top of my head in about 30 seconds. Yikes, sorry :P
casanoffi
Persönliche Nachricht:

Re: Should Nintendo be more transparent about their plans for SNES, N64, GameCube, etc.

Beitrag von casanoffi »

Hello and welcome to the party :D
Nice to have you with us!

I wouldn´t say we have no idea what´s happening or which games officially coming to the Switch.
We already have some Infos about upcoming games (pretty basic Infos, I´ll give you that ^^).

I think about Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Metroid Prime, Shin Megami Tensei, Yo-Kai Watch, Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc.
We just don´t know when…

Of course in terms of (new) hardware we don´t know anything. We just can speculate, what is coming and when.
Will it be a more powerful "Pro" or a more portable "Lite" version of the Switch? We just don´t know.

And I think it´s good not to know - keeps the tension high ;)
In my opinion it would be boring to know what and when - I stick to that credo my whole life (in a philosophically way) ^^

I understand that many people take the word "deserve" way too critically, because I guess it´s what people describe as "entitled" when it comes to that Topic.

I hope we will see you more often here :)
It´s also very exciting to speak in my favorite language ^^

Greetings
Cas
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.
sourcOr
Persönliche Nachricht:

Re: Should Nintendo be more transparent about their plans for SNES, N64, GameCube, etc.

Beitrag von sourcOr »

Lass gut sein. Der Text ist nur von reddit kopiert.
casanoffi
Persönliche Nachricht:

Beitrag von casanoffi »

:Blauesauge:
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.
Gesperrt